Remember this little animation test I did a few months ago? [link]
I redid it with a little more effort. It's still not complete, but I'd like to get some comments and critiques before I go further.
The story now has a name (Transdimensional) and one extra character (as of yet unnamed LGM). "Alex" has now become a placeholder name, since I've figured out how to put an Input name into the box but I haven't done it yet. When I do that all the characters will call you by the name you choose instead of Alex (lol).
I haven't yet figured out how to do a proper inventory box despite looking at a lot of tutorials... so removing things from your inventory is controlled by the story for the moment, until I figure out how to do a proper inventory that you can take stuff out of at will. Might be a looonngg time before you see any progress on that front
The last two links are broken, because I haven't gotten that far yet. I'll continue to update this file with progress, so check back every now and again =3
There are also a few coding errors, but it seems to work fine despite that so I haven't fixed them yet
Oh and if anyone knows how to make music fade out with the screen I'd appreciate it if you could note me about it >_>;;
One day this game will have some ACTUAL game elements in it, but that day is not today!
1. I'm planning on putting in a point and click game at some point, probably to find something related to Peanut
2. There might be a dress-up mini game where you help a NPC to choose an outfit so that the NPC can help you find Peanut
3. There might be a quiz game, where you'd have to get an answer right to access a new dimension
4. As soon as I figure out how inventories work, there'll be monies and items to be earned! The idea is that you use the money to buy items you need to advance in the game!
5. There /might/ be a conflict scene at some point, where you can fight against Peanut. It'll probably be done in a 2D platformer style (Think old school games like Street Fighter)
6. In order to do the above ^, it might become necessary at some stage to choose a character. So there'll probably be a character select scene added in when I get more advanced with coding and shiz lolEDIT
Errors found so far:
- Music overlays if you press certain buttons
- "Please Enter Name" is input text when it's supposed to be StaticFIXES
- Fixed the "Please Enter Name" problem
- Added an extra panel for context as per *Erulisse2
-Made the fade to black scene change longer
-Added some extra sound files
-Drew Tina's head in 3/4 view and added blink
-Added some extra stuff and edited title screen 10/11/2012
Backgrounds were taken from google, and if anyone knows the source let me know so I can properly credit when this is done.
All sounds are from: [link]
More sounds from: [link]
-- all royalty free as far as I can tell.
And there was a lot of help from tutorials. If you're interested, please check out the "Animations" folder of my favourites as well as this youtube account: [link]
for additional input